Thursday, November 27, 2008

via 2 satellites from Yanemilen, Tanna, Vanuatu

This message is our first from Yanemilen, Tanna. As I write, I'm watching the volcano explode and listening to a radio station in Ohio. The new truck! The suspension is beautiful. You barely notice the bumps in the roads! No noises except the reassuring hum of the engine. I didn't need a/c, because it's a bit cooler on Tanna. We have better tires than on the last truck, bigger ones, and the engine is 10% larger, plus we have the full use of it-- so I've made it up the two big hills every time, whereas I'm sure, because of the mud, I wouldn't ever have made it up those before in these conditions.
Getting the house ready: we have the water running, power on, septic tank in place, no rat problem, apparently.

No comments: